Monday, July 19, 2010

Working Hard to Market my Children's Book

If you thought writing a book was hard, I might just say that's the easy part... with self publishing on the rise, you can have a finished book in no time.

I think of myself as a person that can create a story out of any situation, and being good at what I do (born to write, a writer by nature) you know the spill.

But here's the magic question. If I'm so good at what I do, then why can't I seem to get my book noticed?

In the paragraph above, I told you I was a writer, but I've never told you I was a marketer. So now, I'm here to tell you, that if you're giving any thought to self-publishing, and your hope is to actually make money, then you had better give a lot of thought to becoming a marketer too.

I found a really good website that give pointers on promoting. Promote your book in your own backyard. This has been a big help and needless to say I landed a news article in our local newspaper. Yahhhh!!!

News Article: Check it out here.

Am I now a marketer? By no means will I say that... but what I will say is that I have a really great story "Life sure feels different living in a separate house from my brother," and it is worth all the marketing time I'm putting into it. As long as you know you have a great story, do your best to market it. Then you too can land your first news article.

Good Luck fellow self publishing marketers, can't wait to see your book at the top, right next to mine :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment